Love reading facts, here is some funny, interesting facts about marriage. If you’re married read this and smile or if you’re not married than laugh.
1. Over 75% of people who marry partners from an affair eventually divorce.
2. Marrying younger than age 25 dramatically raises the divorce risk. Also, the divorce risk is higher when the woman is much older than the man, though the reverse isn’t as a strong factor.
3. The average married couple has sex 58 times per year, or slightly more than once a week.
4. The word “wife” is likely from the Proto-Indo-European root weip (“to turn, twist, wrap”) or ghwibh, which has a root meaning “shame” or “pudenda.
5. The word “husband” is from the Old Norse husbondi or “master of the house” (literally, hus “house” + bondi “householder, dweller”).
6. Some scholars trace the word “bride” to the Proto-Indo-European root bru, “to cook, brew, make broth.
7. The term “groom” is from the Old English guma, meaning “man.”
8. Married couples tend to have fatter waistlines, which can lead to a decrease in sexual attraction and general health. Additionally, a spouse’s chances of becoming obese increase by 37% if his or her partner is obese.
9. Just two years after marriage, an estimated 20% of couples make love fewer than 10 times in a year.
10. Nearly 60% of married adults have had at least one affair.